This has been one interesting couple of weeks. While the kids and I were in Alabama my husbands car broke down making us a one car family. We were just beginning to get into the routine and it was becoming less and less of a burden when, the van broke down! That would make us a ZERO car family. As if that weren't bad enough we did not have the funds to fix either car.
My wonderful Dad came to our rescue and now both cars are in the shop. It is kinda bitter sweet. I am very thankful that I have such wonderful parents with the means to help. But, I also feel like we should be at a place to take care of it ourselves.
So when my Dad left today I decided I would go ahead and buy the kids their winter clothes so that my parents would NOT do it. We had just entered the consignment shop and had begun to look at all of the wonderfully priced winter clothing when I heard a peeing noise. There were lot's of children in the store so I said a silent prayer and looked down only to discover Christopher covered in pee and a pee stained carpet. I calmly gathered my children and left the store with no clothes.
After we returned home and changed clothes I was almost ready to leave and try the store one more time. but, I Had to check my e-mail first. While I was checking my e-mail my lovely daughter calmly entered my room and slowly and quietly said, "I don't want to get Christopher in trouble but he has black stuff on his hands." I of course reply, "Why are you telling me this?" and she says, "Because he is smearing it all over the walls."
Needless to say I was already stressed and that was the straw that broke the mothers back. Sure enough there was black ink all over the walls and after I spent 45 min scrubbing them (we live in an apartment) I decided I needed to lock myself in my room and pray and read my Bible. I opened the word and asked God to show me what he wanted me to read and this is what I got.
Proverbs 12:16 A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult. God really knows how to bring me back to reality. Instead of finding the joy in everything I allowed myself to be brought down and my joy to be stolen from me.
With that said, thank you everyone who has offered prayers and helpful hands during this time of need.
No comments:
Post a Comment