The first day of school has come and gone. I survived and so did they. I was really excited to give the kids their school supplies. That was always my favorite thing about starting school. The kids loved everything. We did our studies and involving Christopher was not as hard as I thought. He jumped right in and participated in each subject. He did, however, paint his tongue green while finger painting. I was not expecting that.
As I have been looking at the teacher materials for Hailey’s work I have discovered that I have much better ideas for how to teach different concepts. I will finish out this week with the stuff I have already prepared but, next week will be much different and a lot more fun.
Before I go I thought I would share how I have successfully trained my daughter to stand up for herself and ME! I call it “Success, Sort Of”. Last week I ripped the Cover page for my laminating sheets. The one you have to have for electric laminators so that the papers do not melt to the rollers. Usually these come in the box when you purchase laminating sheets. So, off we went to Staples to track this down. It was about 100 degrees outside and I had to load and unload all three of my children and keep my three year old from running into the parking lot. Needless to say I set out to only have to make ONE trip.
We get inside and of course they have moved everything so I was a little bit frustrated. I hate when they move things. I finally found them. I opened the boxes of sheets to see if that envelope was there and they were NOT. OH NO!! What was I going to do. I decided that since they had been moving things around I would ask the store worker to see if she knew where I might could find them. So there I went explaining to her what I needed. She the replies, “You don’t have to have that for the laminators”. I reply, “Yes you do if you don’t want the paper to melt to the rollers”. She says “You just don’t know what you are talking about”. I was already frustrated and hot and trying to keep up with my three kids who were also hot and grouchy. That was not the thing to say to me.
In an effort to maintain my cool and keep my witness I chose to walk away and find another sales person to ask. This man was so nice and not only found it for me but gave one to me for free. This was so wonderful. I was a happy camper and we all headed out the door. I was presented with a decision though. Do I show the woman what I was talking about to prove a point or do I just leave. I chose to just leave. We were almost out the door when I hear the lady behind me say, “You did not find what you were looking for did you?” I felt the smart remarks rise up within me and I lost control. I turned and proved my point by showing the envelope to her and saying a few rude things to her. (Not a proud moment) I start to walk off and she says, “I didn’t know what you were talking about because I’ve never used one before.” I am still working on my self control so I turned around and told her that the next time she doesn’t know something she should say so instead of telling the customer that they don’t know what they are talking about.
That’s when it happened. Success, sort of. I heard my Daughter start telling the lady that I am not stupid and that she did not appreciate her saying that I was. I had to escort my daughter out of the sore and all the while she was telling the lady what she thought of the situation. I was not sure if I should be proud or horrified. To be honest, I WAS SOOOOOOO PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess we all know what our next Bible lessons will be on. LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment