Hailey was learning about flightless birds in Science yesterday. I'm always looking for a way to include my pre-schooler in with her so I was thinking about how C loves Penguins and they are flightless birds. We have been rearranging our house so I stumbles across this box of Party crafts we had bought at Target and put away for safe keeping. (ha ha really I just forgot about it. ) I was glad I found it though because this was the perfect craft.

After they were done painting they got Penguin Tattoos!
Of course no craft would be complete without the death of a few birds.

H and C loved trying to make their penguins look like the ones on the box. I gave them each two, A male and a Female. I think they did a pretty good job.

After they were done painting they got Penguin Tattoos!
Of course no craft would be complete without the death of a few birds.We read several books about Penguins like;
Penguin Pete by Marcus Pfister
Penguin Pete, Ahoy by Marcus Pfister
Penguin Pete and Pat by Marcus Pfister
Penguin Pete by Marcus Pfister
Penguin Pete, Ahoy by Marcus Pfister
Penguin Pete and Pat by Marcus Pfister
The Penguin (Animal Close-Ups) by Beatrice Fontanel
And we ended by watching Happy Feet.
On a side note, Christopher HATED Happy Feet and would not sit through it. Instead he found a black fuzzy glove to put and ran around saying he was a penguin.
No comments:
Post a Comment