For most of my life my mother and I have been blaming things on Me Maw. I actually blame my mother and she says, "Don't blame me, we got it from Me Maw." We have blamed her for so many things from our Non-Domestic lifestyle to the fact that we choke on air. It's really quite amusing. We always follow up our blaming sessions with, "You know what they say...Like mother, like daughter." HAHAHA I'm afraid that the cycle has continued. My daughter is just like me. (I think that's why we bump heads) This got me thinking about what things I am teaching her. Sure it's funny to joke about our negative qualities coming from our mother's but, I want her to gain positive things from me. We have been talking about the fruits of the spirit and I have become very aware of the qualities I am lacking. I want her to learn those things from me. I can truly say that I learned so many positive qualities from my mother and I hope that one day Hailey can say the same of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment