Welcome to Kid Friendly Friday where we share anything that other parents might find interesting and useful. Whether you are just browsing or linking up, I hope you will find something of interest to you. I look forward to seeing what you are up to!What to do with a child under Two?
I was recently asked by a close friend and reader of this blog, what activities can be done with a child under two? It is true that they do not have the attention span needed to do many pre-school activities but, that does not mean that there are not age appropriate activities they can do. In this post I will share one of my favorite "Under Two" activities as well as links that I hope you will find helpful.
Christopher was into everything, I had to keep him really busy and that was not always an easy task. One of my favorite thing to do with him (and still is) was to get rolls of bubble wrap from the Dollar Tree. I would tape them to the kitchen floor and he would walk, roll, and crawl all over it. He loved making it go "POP". This is an activity that children of all ages love and the best part is that it's cheap and easy!Here are some links to some great activities I thought looked fun.
1. Floor Art
2. Chalk Fun
3. Flashlight Fun
4. Feelie Bags
5. Sensory Bottles
I thought I would also give you the links to some great blogs that share what they do with their under Two or just turned two year old.
- Chasing Marcus
- Little Moments
- My Life on a Taffy Pull
- A Mommy Talks
- Chasing Cheerios
I hope you find this helpful. I can't wait to see what fun Kid Friendly Friday posts you have to share!
8 comments:
Hi! Thank you so much for featuring me! What an honor & nice surprise:) I'll be sure to get things together for next week and link up too...it's great to have somewhere that features things for just the really little ones!
Great activity tip! Some interesting links too. :)
Can we use the bubble wrap for ourselves? LOL! I love that stuff! I had no idea you could get it at the dollar store.
The cake pops are made by mixing a baked cake that has been finely crumbled, with a tub of frosting (any flavor combos). Shape into trees, stick on a stick and dip in green chocolate melts. Adorn with stars and ornaments (with whatever you can think of!)
Thanks so much for featuring me! I just started out blogging this fall to help me better plan my day with my daughter. I felt like there was so much potential for great play and we just had to find it! I will be sure to check more of the Kid Friendly Friday posts.
Angela...Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog and for including me in your wonderful blog! Merry Christmas!
Thanks for the link up and the comment. You are too sweet. Have a wonderful Christmas.
What a cool blog I'm going to check this out more often.
Post a Comment