
I've been doing a lot of reflection and looking at myself. In doing so I realized that with all of the craziness I have I have not taken any time to take care of me. I don't normally consider "Me Time" a priority. However there are a few things that I should do for myself in order to effectively take care of my family. So here are a few of the things I am doing to take care of me.
*I joined a bible study at a local church. They are doing Beth Moores Breaking Free. I have done several of her studies. I like that they keep me getting past my surface Bible reading. She really gets deep. They have child care and the kids had a blast.
*Making more time for quiet time with God.
*Organizing my home. I am not good at organizing things. But right now I feel like my life and my thoughts are chaotic. I think that if I could get a hold of these things and get them organized it would benefit me and my family.
*I'm going to start eating healthier and we are going to start juicing.
*I think I may start The Love Dare again. I started it before but gave it up as life took over. It is a great book and I think it would benefit both me and my husband.
*I am going to spend some time with some blogs that are not solely focused on homeschooling. Here are a few great ones that I will be reading. I will just go from there to improve my list. If you have any suggestions pleas suggest away.
Heart For Him
Run The Earth, Watch The Sky
Love Actually
Econobusters
*I am going to start developing relationships with other women and mothers. This is not a strength for me but I feel that it is important.
That's all I have for now. What things do you do for you?
3 comments:
I don't do much for myself and lately its leaving me a little resentful. One thing I have always wanted to do is learn to sew with my sewing machine (had it 5 years now). I finally signed up for a class...it starts Thursday. I am so excited. I also really need to work on finding mommy friends....all my friends now don't currently have kids so I feel kinda like the odd one out. I really wish that I had figured out that I needed me time a little sooner because as of June I will have a new nugget and I think it will only be harder to have that.
Nice post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.
Brim over I assent to but I think the collection should prepare more info then it has.
Post a Comment