
Is this what you want for your Daughter? Not me. It's time we take a stand, and monitor the influences on our daughters lives. I can't protect her from everything, but I WILL do my part to teach her purity. Even if that means taking a stand against what is popular. Anyone with me? (If your not convinced watch the video)
5 comments:
My daughers love Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus and look up to her. I'm so glad that they didn't see this. Not sure why she would do something like this- escpecially knowing that she is marketed to young girls. Overall, she seems pretty together, so I was suprised to hear that she had did this. It is so challenging to keep our little girls from all of the trash out there- such as brat dolls, etc.
Jen
I think Miley is trying to change her target demographic. It's a bit to late for that. Miley and her father saw nothing wrong with her little performance. I see this as a veiw of things to come from her. Though it's not just her. Disney is really pushing the limits.
Ugh. These are the things that scare me as a parent. And this is definitely one of the many reasons we are homeschooling. Even if it means we're the 'mean parents', we want to have control over the things are children are exposed to. I'm very disappointed in the parents out there who continue to let their children watch her. And most of all Miley's dad. What kind of parent can watch his daughter do those things and not see the problem?!
I'm with you! Another area is clothes. Our philosophy is...while it may be cute to show our tummy when we are 2, 3, and 4 what will she want to wear when she's 8, 9, and 10. I can't stand it that the little girl's clothes looks like the teenagers stuff.
Oh my, sickening. My daughter was always a big HM fan, but she has been disgusted by Miley lately, and she hasn't even seen this video (and hopefully never will).Disney ought to save their reputation and drop HM now.
Post a Comment