Monday, April 26, 2010

Preschool

Pre-school with with Christopher has not been very formal because we have had so much going on. I struggle with this because, Christopher is a very structured child and would like for me to fill his work boxes two or three times a day, and right now I struggle to have the time for formal school at all.

I have managed to fit in some handwriting. Christopher is still struggling with spelling his name, so I have been putting emphasis on that. I think he gets bored because his name is so long. Any suggestions to help with this would be greatly appreciated.

I am not sure if he will be ready to start K=5 in the fall or not. I'm still unsure of what he needs to know before starting.

All in All we are doing preschool but very scattered. I hope that changes soon.

1 comment:

StephF said...

Take a deep breath... ahhhhh, that's better. I don't know what curriculum you plan to use, but isn't that the beauty of homeschooling? We can let our children go at their own pace. I know mine got a little "behind" last year because I was on bedrest for several months. Guess what? It didn't hurt them. They weren't learning formally, but they were still learning. If it's a matter of time management, you may benefit from reading Managers of their Homes and/or FlyLady. :-)

One day at a time, sister!