Sunday, August 15, 2010

Second Grade Photography

I have received several E-mails about my Second Grade Photography Lessons, and now that we have completed one I thought I would share what we are doing.

Each week Hailey will have a different theme to focus on. I help her to search on the web for inspiration from other photographers, then I hand her the camera, and let her go. (note to self, always charge the camera)

On Monday’s Hailey will post some of the photo’s to her blog using Windows Live Writer. This will also give her basic editing skills. She can crop the photo’s, and a watermark, change the contrast and brightness, and add borders. In her blog post she will give a short description of the assignment, and a short description of the Photo’s.

The first 8 weeks we will focus on a new theme each week. Hailey will learn to;

  • gain inspiration from other photographers,
  • show her individual style,
  • learn how to use the camera,
  • gain basic editing skills,
  • and keep a blog to gain computer skills.

SAM_0095

This week her assignment was, “About Me”. Hailey did a great job, and was so proud of herself. To view her post visit her at, www.haileybug2003.blogspot.com (this link will only be public for a short time. If you try to view it and it has already been set to private, just E-mail me and I will send you the right link)

Here are the first 8 weeks assignments;

  • All About Me
  • Water
  • People
  • Trees
  • Abstract
  • Angles
  • Babies
  • Free Style

After the first 8 weeks are complete, we will be adding new assignments, as well as new skills. I am still planning, and making arrangements for the next 8 assignments. I will let you all know when those plans are complete.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

This is such a great idea!!!

Hmmm .. I wonder if my son would be interested in doing something similar?!

Lynn said...

I just happened upon your blog, but wanted to tell you what a fantastic idea that I think this is! We are big photography buffs around here, and we gave our (almost 3 year old) son a very old digital camera and he loves snapping photos around the house. I can't wait until he is old enough to give him themes like this. And the fact that you incorporate it into a blog and teach her about watermarks, etc. - very inspiring! Thank you for sharing the idea. :)