We started off our 8 week session with a bang. The kids LOVED the change in the layout and curriculum, and the parents LOVE the resources found on the Raising Rock Stars website, as well as the at home activities I have sent with the kids.
We have already completed 3 weeks. Our first lesson was the Garden of Eden. We read the story of the garden of Eden, and talked about how the serpent lied to Eve. We then talked about how God is ALWAYS truthful.
Our scripture memory for that week was John 3:33. We used the printables from Homeschool Creations. The kids hung their scripture on the board, and made a scripture memory bracelet with the cut apart.
For craft time the kids made fruit trees. they used their arm to paint the trunk, their hands to paint the leaves, and their thumbs to paint the fruit.
For snack they ate Clementine's.
Week 2
Our scripture for this week was Psalms 104:33. Again we used the printable from Homeschool Creations. The kids took the cut apart home with them to complete.
I read them the story of Paul and Silas in prison. You can print it HERE. We talked about how you should praise God in al circumstances.
For craft time, we made, Paper Plate Noise Makers. I took two paper plates, and had the kids decorate them. (this one was painted by my 1 year old the others were much prettier lol!) I stapled the bottom half together, and had the kids put dried beans in. I then stapled the rest of it together. I used a hole punch to punch holes in each side and tied on the streamers. We then used our noise makers to sing praises to the Lord.
Week 3
This week we learned about Noah’s Ark. This was my favorite week so far.
Geneses 7:5 was our scripture. As always, the kids helped me hang it on the board. I printed this scripture along with the cut apart from HERE.
We then made a necklace out of our scripture Memory cut apart.
I then read the story of Noah’s Ark from a story book Bible. We talked about how Noah obeyed God, and how we need to obey God also.
We completed our Noah’s Ark craft. I printed this craft from here.
I hope you enjoyed our first 3 weeks on Raising Rock Stars.
For more great idea’s, visit Carisa at 1+1+1=1
1 comment:
Oh your trees are so cute!
Post a Comment