Sunday, December 26, 2010

A New Year

I went to church with my parents today, and they had a guest speaker. This man and his wife are both suffering with cancer. Though he was in immense pain, he spoke with dignity and conviction. He talked only briefly about their health, but used it as the basis for his sermon. He spoke about 5 battles we WILL face in our life time, and what they will do to your life.

 

  1. Fear
  2. Doubt
  3. Fatigue
  4. Dred
  5. Grief

This year I have experienced all of these things to the extreme. My family has had several things that have been difficult to deal with this year. I have tried my best to be strong, and to hold it all together the best that I could. But there are some new things we are dealing with, and I have felt like I’m ready to break. But today for the first time in a while I was able to get a fresh look at things. As I listened to the man speak this morning, I realized that God has not abandoned me, and that I need to give EVERYTHING over to Him.

As I prepare for this new year, I am preparing to let go, and let God take control of every aspect of my life. I know that no matter what the doctors say, or what difficulties we may face, it’s ok because God is in control.

No comments: