Sunday, January 9, 2011

Our Journey to France

Ok so we didn’t really go to France, but we had a blast learning about it!

 

  • For Reading Hailey read Madeline,and The Cat That Walked Across France

 

  • We then talked about the flag of France, it’s colors, and their meaning. We used a flash card I got from the Dollar section at Target to have the kids locate the flag. Hailey the colored the flag using a sheet I printed from Home School Creations.

 

France Flash card France flag H

 

  • We talked about Paris, and how it is France’ Capital. We then learned about the Eiffel Tower. My Dad had been there before so he was able to really bring it to life. The kids colored a picture of the Eiffel Tower, and built it using Sugar Wafers, and Icing.

France Color Page France Eifel Tower

  • To end our study of France we learned about Claude Monet. We watched a video on YouTube about him, and then we chose one of his painting to copy. I was really proud at how well Hailey was able to copy the painting. It looked like so much fun, I thought I would give it a try also.

France H Monet France Eifil Towe 1

1 comment:

Confessions Of A Homeschooler said...

I love the Eiffel tower sugar cookie thing! Wonderful!