Time4Learning has been a part of my family for 2 years now. I have been using it for my now second grade daughter. My Pre-School age son has begun showing lot’s of interest in the computer, so I was excited when I was approached to write a review for Time4Learning, as this would give me a chance to review the Pre-School potion of the program, before I paid for it. I’m glad I did. I will focus this review on both ages, since that’s what we use.
About the Program:
- Time4Learning is an Online Curriculum for
PreK to 8th Grades that covers your basic school subjects. It can be used as a complete curriculum, or to supplement your child's learning. Time4Learning provides printable worksheets for reinforcement, has a low monthly price, does not require a long term contract, and even provides a 100% satisfaction guarantee so you can make sure that it works for your kid.
- Parental access allows parents to set your child's individual learning path. If you have a child who’s Math skills are at a second grade level, but their Reading Skills are more third grade, you can change the setting to reflect that. it also allows you to view your child's progress, and test grades. It also makes lesson planning easy for both parents and teachers.
- The program costs $19.95 / Month for Your
First Child, $14.95/ Month for each additional child.
My Thoughts:
- Time4Learning has been an awesome tool for my Second grader. It’s video game, look and feel, makes it fun for her to use. We do not use this as a complete curriculum, but as a supplement to her regular curriculum. On days when sitting at a desk with her paper and pencil, becomes to boring for her, or when she is having a difficult time focusing, I find that Time4Learning is a great change of pace for us both.
- The program’s layout is easy to move through. I love that my daughter is able to navigate the subjects independently.
- The content of the subjects is very thorough, and has been great for teaching concepts that she wasn’t learning well from her regular curriculum. I have reviewed most of the lessons myself, and would have not problem with this being used as a day to day curriculum, or as a tutor.
- The best part is that my daughter LOVES it and learns from each lesson.
- We gave Time4Learning preschool a try, and while my son did like it, he preferred to use other programs on the web. I liked that it was simple for him to navigate through. It covered a wide variety of concepts, but I did not feel that it did a great job at introducing those concepts. I would use it more to review things that had already been introduced.
- The program does have a monthly cost. It has been well worth the cost for my Second grader, but I would not pay $19.95 a month for my pre-schooler.
- All in all, if you are looking or a quality online program
to enhance you child’ s learning, I would highly recommend Time4Learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment