If we Don’t Teach Them, Someone Else Will
A couple of weeks ago my daughter said that she wanted a boyfriend. She had been with some youth girls, and while I don’t have a problem with that it always brings about an opportunity to teach Hailer something. I asked her why she wanted a boyfriend, and she said, “so I can kiss him”. (I’m sure that she has seem me kissing her daddy, and had heard one of the girls, talking about kissing)
I took this opportunity to begin talking with her about saving her first kiss for marriage. What? Yes, I said saving her first kiss for marriage. Now I would obviously not be upset with her if she kissed someone before she was married, but I do believe that kissing can lead to other things. I also believe that we should strive to live a life of purity, and kissing is something special between a husband and a wife. When I was her age I made a commitment to save my first kiss for my husband. I’m sad to say that did not happen. Chances are more than a few of us regret our first kiss. Anyway, after talking to her about this I used an illustration, to help her to understand what I was talking about.
I numbered a page 1-6, put lipstick on Hailey, and I had her kiss underneath each number. By the time she got to number 6 there wasn’t any lipstick left. We talked about how special the first kiss is, and how it loses it’s luster after you've kissed LOT’S of boys.
She really enjoyed the lesson, and seemed to have learned how special the first kiss is.
2 comments:
Good idea! Very sweet :)
Thank You so much Angela! This is perfect. Like you I have talked to my girls about saving their first kiss for their husband. They have shared with their friends how they are saving their first kiss and many of their friends have expressed how they wish they had waited too. Keep up the good work Mama.
Post a Comment