
Sandra Peoples is a pastors wife, and the mother of a child who has Autism. I have followed her blog Heart For Him, for many years now, and have always found great encouragement in her words. Tomorrow, Sandra launches her first e-book, Speechless, Finding God’s Grace through my son’s Autism. OK, so many of you know that I am an Autism bookaholic, and so you are not surprised that I am getting this book, but I wanted to ask that you read this book also. It is rare that you find a book on disabilities that is totally Christ centered. I know that you would learn and grow, even if you do not have a child with Autism.
In preparation for the book release, Sandra has asked that people pray for these specific things.
- For parents of special needs children- Pray they will be encouraged, knowing they are not alone and that God's perfect plan for them is the "Plan B" situation they are now experiencing.
- For extended families of special needs children- Pray they will be encouraged to get in the messiness of everyday life with their child with special needs, and I pray they will love unconditionally.
- For friends of parents who have special needs children- Pray they will say something (even if it may be the "wrong thing" at the time). Pray they will give big hope and little hope to their friends.
- For churches ministering to children with special needs- Pray that having a "behind the scenes" look at our story will help them understand how to better serve the growing number of special needs individuals and their families.
Please join me in praying for these special families, and be sure to purchase her book tomorrow. If you know someone who needs to read this book, purchase a copy for them as well.
For more information visit: Heart for Him, The Ministry Site of Sandra Peoples
No comments:
Post a Comment