Friday, December 2, 2011

Heroes & Villains of the Bible- Book Review

"Being a hero isn't about capes, or special powers, or being faster than a speeding bullet--it's about choosing to follow God."

I’m always wary of books like these, because they often distort the stories, and confuse my concrete thinkers. However, I had heard several other mom’s rave about this book. I had just found a great bible study about hero’s, so my hope was that this book  would be a great addition to that. Guess what? It has been the perfect addition.

Hero’s & Villains takes stories straight from the scripture, and categorizes them into Hero, or Villain. After you read a short passage of scripture, you read a short little devotion focusing on what a true hero is.

We are still using this along with our study, and the kids are loving it! I would absolutely recommend this book if you are looking to enhance your kids Bible study time.

No comments: