Yes, I did it. WAY back in September. I broke down and made my own Laundry Soap. I chose to make the powder because it was less time consuming than the liquid.
How I Make It:
- Measure out 1 cup of Borax, and one cup of Super Washing soda, and dump them into the blender
- Cut a bar of Ivory soap in half and place it on a microwave safe plate
.
- Heat soap in microwave for 2 min.
I like to heat up the soap because it makes these awesome clouds, and it also crumbles up easy. It’s much easier than using a cheese grater. I always do a whole bar cut in half because my kids like to make clean mud with the other half. Below is a picture showing you how good the soap crumbles this way.
5. I put the crumbled up soap into the blender with the other ingredients and mix until smooth.
6. I store this in a Mason Jar because it keeps well, and looks pretty.
What I think:
We have been pleased with this soap. It cleans well. My son has extremely sensitive skin, and has had no problems using this. That is another reason we stuck with the Ivory. I like how easy it is to make, and how long it has lasted. I have made several batches, and still have enough of the ingredients to make more.
I did notice that occasionally the boys clothes did not look as clean as I would like, so I started adding some OXY Clean to the wash containing their outside play clothes.
I will continue to use this. It also makes me feel domestic. LOL!
1 comment:
We are super lazy (and cheap) here, so we just use Baking Soda. We get the giant bags from Sams and use about 1/3 a cup in a load. It doesn't work for super stinky clothing so much, but for normal use, it's fine. Sometimes I'll squirt a little dish soap in too. We do the same for the dish washer. 1/2 a tbsp of Baking Soda and a squirt of dish soap=clean dishes. :)
Post a Comment