Welcome to Kid Friendly Friday where I share anything that other parents might find interesting or useful.
When rain is approaching, the ominous looking clouds are a sight to behold! And how amazing to see sheets of rain falling before they reach you! -Our Journey Westward
When I read those words I immediately thought about how curious my children had been about nature since we moved into our new home. We have really been focusing on Nature, and it has been so much fun. This season has presented many different ways for us to observe, and for my children to learn about some of God’s finest creations. We often take the little things of nature for granted, and the curios minds of our children are always interested. (even when their not LOL!)
Nature is a FREE activity. “But we are tired of going to the park, and do I just let them loose in the woods?” I’m glad you asked, here are a few suggestions of what you can do to encourage your to observe nature.
- Go for a walk down a trail, and tell them they can keep 3 treasures from their walk. (make sure you pay attention, and that it’s not a Poison Ivey plant. Ask me how I know)
- Go camping
- Do a bird identification hunt. Here is a great print out to use. – Nature Detectives Bird Spotter Sheet
- Look for Rainbows just after a rain shower
- Point out rain clouds, and talk about how rain clouds work. You could even throw in an experiment. – Make it rain in a jar
- Pick wild flowers
Really the possibilities are endless. I encourage you to get outside and explore nature with your child.
No comments:
Post a Comment