Friday, September 7, 2012

Weekly Wrap Up–The One Where We Get It

I have no Rows to share with you this week, but that’s not because we didn’t do anything. We did a lot. This week I spent some time really getting back to the heart of why we homeschool, and what we want out of it. It was a wonderful week, so I thought I would share it with you.

Every morning this week the kids would get up and get in my bed and we would watch two episodes of Little House on the Prairie. There were many great discussions that came about during these shows. Best of all there was lots of snuggling.

* Spending quality time with my kids is one of those things I like to take full advantage of. Homeschooling for us opens the door for opportunities I would not have otherwise.

IMG_1405 

My boys spent time building forts, and watching educational video’s together on the iPad.

*I love that my boys have the opportunity to develop a relationship on a different level. They don’t always get along due to the age difference, but moments like this are priceless to me.

IMG_1408IMG_1423

We enjoyed some great Gluten Free and Healthy food. What better way to talk about the affects that food has on our bodies, and to develop healthy habits? We had some great discussions during our meal times. We even discussed in much more detail how Celiac is apart of our family, and how that does not stop us from eating good healthy food.

*I was blessed by our many meal time discussions, and we were able to have them three times a day. That is a huge blessing to me.

IMG_1435 

IMG_1439

We took our learning outside. I wish I had more photo’s, but I was busy enjoying our games. This particular day we made a Sight Word hopscotch board for Christopher. He had a blast with this, and sis great with the words. Sammy was upset because he couldn’t read the words, so Hailey had the idea to make a shapes hopscotch. Just look how much fun he is having.

*Several things happened during our time outdoors that day. My kids had the opportunity to learn without losing their love for learning. My son read words with ease. My daughter used problem solving skills, and made her little brother very happy. We laughed, and played, and learned. The learning was natural not forced.

IMG_1371IMG_1396IMG_1410

We did science right after dinner with Daddy. Christopher learned new words, and worked on his hand strength at the same time. Hailey wrote a story (this is a big deal) and performed it for us with a wonderful puppet show.

*Involving the whole family in our learning experiences is a HUGE reason why we homeschool. We get to experience successes together, and learn together.

 

We spent our mornings, Afternoons, and nights, in the word of God.

*This is probably the most important thing we did this week, and one of the most important reasons we chose to homeschool.

IMG_1446IMG_1451IMG_1455

My cup runs over. I love my kids. I love this life that the Lord has blessed me with. Thank you Lord. 

Somewhere in there we did complete our regular school assignments, but it all came naturally.

No comments: