Sunday, October 28, 2012

DIY Face Mask

My daughter and I have ventured into the land of ‘make your own products’ partly because it’s fun and something we can do together, and partly because my family has crazy skin and I am always paying high dollar to get things that we can use. Not to mention things that are all around better for us. I have decided to share our homemade adventures here as we are loving the  results we are getting.

Tonight we made a face mask. We love doing masks together and recently everyone we try burns Hailey’s skin, or is simply lack luster. So I did a little research and settled on trying this out;

1 tbs Baking soda – serves as an exfoliate

1 tbs Honey – Serves as a moisturizer

1 tbs Water – only as needed for consistency

I loved the way it left my skill feeling I had used one of those Microdermabrasion kits. My skill feel great! Hailey said that her skin was burning, so we used a little of our Whipped Coconut Oil Body Butter that she made (different post) and it worked like a charm.   

No comments: