Saturday, December 8, 2012

FIAR/BFIAR- Stopping by Woods and The Snowy Day

Both of these books seemed to fit nicely together. We had fun doing projects to go along with Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening. My youngest boys didn’t really understand the poem so that’s where I tied in The Snowy Day. We did not cover every subject with these books, and kept our projects simple and fun. Here’s what we did.

Hailey and Christopher made animal classification books

IMG_2061IMG_2064

IMG_2072IMG_2065

Hailey, Christopher, and Sammy made Borax snowflakes.

IMG_2078

IMG_2093IMG_2094IMG_2096

IMG_2083

The kids all made paper snowflakes and we talked about how each snowflake is different, and how God created each one of us different, but we all serve a purpose.

IMG_2202

We all (including me) painted a scene from the book Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening.

IMG_2203IMG_2206

IMG_2205IMG_2208

Hailey and Christopher learned about different types of Poetry. They had a blast with tongue twisters. They each wrote a poem as well.

I picked up some “make your own snow” from the Dollar Tree and the kids had fun playing with that.

IMG_2156IMG_2158IMG_2161

IMG_2165

I printed a few things for the boys to do. They matched animal tracks, sorted animal classification cards, and matched up snowflakes.

IMG_2172IMG_2178

IMG_2179

1 comment:

Emily said...

Looks like a blast!The Snowy Day is one of my favorites. I have't read it to the kids yet. Trying to remember if it is in one of our treasury books. When homeschooling the younger age group you can great so much more creative, I think. I struggle making 7th grade "fun".