This year I knew we needed to make a change. I have been running a homeschool cover school in our area, and that takes some time to maintain. I loved many of our choices last year, and I do love putting together my own selections. BUT, I need a break. I needed something that was put together for me, and fairly scripted, yet flexible enough to change things as needed. I needed the leg work of activities, and art to be laid out for me. I guess you could say I have entered burn out mode with planning. I looked at many different options, and prayed over them. I of course had a check list of needs. I had narrowed it down to two different options but I couldn’t get a peace about either one. Then God led me to Heart of Dakota. So this year we will be using Heart of Dakota. I am very excited.


All of the books minus the math can be found at this link http://www.heartofdakota.com/hearts-for-him-packages.php
For each subject I will be using the Creation to Christ guide along with the suggested books.
History: HOD CTC Guide, The Story of the Ancient World, Ancient Greece: Streams of History, Ancient Rome: Streams of History, Genesis: Finding Our Roots, A Child's Geography Vol. II: Explore the Holy Land, What in the World? Vol. I - Ancient Civilizations & the Bible, Draw and Write Through History: Greece and Rome: c. 600 B.C. to A.D. 395, Student Notebook Pages for Hearts for Him Through Time: Creation to Christ
History Read Alouds: Dinosaurs of Eden, The Golden Bull, Boy of the Pyramids: A Mystery of Ancient Egypt, Jashub's Journal: An Old Testament Law Story, God King: A Story in the Days of King Hezekiah, Archimedes and the Door of Science, Cleopatra, City: A Story of Roman Planning and Construction, Traveling the Way, The Accidental Voyage: Discovering Hymns of the Early Centuries
Science: Exploring Creation with Zoology 3: Land Animals of the Sixth Day, Birds of the Air, Plant Life in Field and Garden, Exploring The History of Medicine, Galen and the Gateway to Medicine, An Illustrated Adventure in Human Anatomy, National Geographic Rock and Minerals
Language Arts: Rod and Staff Following the Plan: English 5, Copy Work (HOD Guide), Write with the Best: Volume I - Modeling Writing After Great Works of World Literature
Math: Hailey will continue with Saxon math 54 and will move on to Saxon math 65 when ready.
Bible: HOD Manual, The Bible Study in Stereo: Philippians 2, AWANA’S
Art: Poetry and Art through Water Colors using the HOD Manual.
Literature: We will be using HOD’s Drawn Into The Heart of Reading literature study materials. Hailey will once again be participating in a book club, and the books chosen will go along with the 9 genre’s in Drawn Into The Heart of Reading. Book selections are as follows:
Biography - Girl Choice - Caddie Woodlawn's Family, by Carol Ryrie Brink
Adventure - The Wolves of Willoughby Chase by Joan Aiken, Yearling
Fantasy - The Borrowers Afloat, by Mary Norton
Historical Fiction - A Father’s Promise - by Donna L. Hess
Mystery - The Hardy Boys - The Secret of the Old Mill
Folk Tale - The Shining Sword by Charles G Coleman
Non-Fiction - Corrie ten Boom: Keeper of the Angels' Den (Christian Heroes: Then & Now)
Humor - Mr. Poppers Penguins by. by Richard and Florence Atwater
Realistic Fiction - The Secret Garden
All of the books minus the math can be found at this link: http://www.heartofdakota.com/byd-little-hearts-packages.php
For each subject we will be using Heart of Dakota’s Beyond Little Hearts For His Glory.
History: HOD Guide, American Pioneers and Patriots, Stories of the Pilgrims, Boys and Girls of Colonial Days
Science: HOD Guide, God's Wonderful Works, He will also do some things with Hailey.
Math: Saxon Math 2
Language Arts: HOD Manual for Spelling and Copy Work, First Language Lessons 1
Bible: HOD Guide, Morning Bells Devotional, AWANA’s, Hide 'Em In Your Heart CD Vol. II
Handwriting: HOD Guide, Draw Write Now Columbus, Copy Work
Reading: He will be using the Emergent Readers Set from the HOD site book choices are as follows: The Early Reader's Bible by V. Gilbert Beers, The Beginner's Bible by Mission City Press, Owl at Home by Arnold Lobel, Frog and Toad All Year by Arnold Lobel, Frog and Toad Are Friends by Arnold Lobel, Wagon Wheels by Barbara Brenner, Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish, Buffalo Bill and the Pony Express by Eleanor Coerr, Prairie School by Avi, First Flight: The Story of Tom Tate and The Wright Brothers by George Shea, Christian Liberty Nature Reader: Book 1, Tornado by Betsy Byars, Animal Adventures (Little House Chapter Book) by Laura Ingalls Wilder, The Bears on Hemlock Mountain by Alice Dalgliesh, The Courage of Sarah Noble by Alice Dalgliesh
1 comment:
What a great plan you have.
Blessings, Dawn
Post a Comment