Friday, May 23, 2014

Book Review - Raising a Princess

John Croyle was a former Alabama defensive back, and is the owner of Alabama child safe haven Big Oak Ranch . Mr. Croyle used his experience parenting children and teens in crisis, as well as his own biological children to write his book Raising a Princess. His book focuses on the importance of raising Godly women through a biblical foundation. This book is organized around eight essential virtues a parent can build in his or her princess: - Praiseworthiness - Righteousness - Initiative - Nurture - Character - Empowerment - Servant-Heartedness - Stability I enjoyed reading this book. I felt like it was very well written from a man's point of view. Raising my own daughter I took note of some of the tips and things that he used. This is a book that is beneficial to both a mom and a dad. Girls need to know that their parents are there fighting for them, and standing behind them, but that is not always easy to navigate as a parent. I felt like this book was great about giving practical advice to parents from a biblical stand point. You can purchase this book straight from the Big Oak Ranch web site, http://www.bigoak.org/raisingaprincess The Big Oak Ranch is an amaizing ministry that has reached many children throughout the state of Alabama. I have had the privalige of attending a service at the girls ranch as well as participating in a few ministry projects associated with The Big Oak Ranch. If you are not familure with the ministry please visit this link to find out about what they do. http://www.bigoak.org/our-ministry/ http://youtu.be/NejPXxghkgc http://youtu.be/7vRtsIQ-oeI

No comments: