I want to start off by telling you a little bit about me. I'm 26 years old and I have 4 children. I am married to the best husband in the world. I spent most of my life dreaming about being the perfect Proverbs 31 women. I would get married, have lots of kids and enjoy all of the duties that came along with that. I don't think I thought that through very well. I got married and got my kids. That part I love! But "DISHES" I mean really who loves dishes? I don't even "Like" doing them much less love it or find great joy in it. I also found out very quickly that I hate cooking and I hate cleaning. Who finds joy in cleaning a bathroom? Not me! In addition to those domestic tasks, I cannot stand changing diapers and I'm not a morning person. Some Proverbs 31 women I turned out to be. LOL!
The thought that I had failed made me very depressed. But then I saw the light as I started talking to other mom's. I'M NOT ALONE! Yes, there are others like me. Even some women I thought had it all together did not. Woo Hoo! This brought me great joy. To make things even better I talked to my mom whom I have always seen as the perfect wife and mother. I found out that she is a Non-Domestic person to. I guess I always knew that but we always put our mother on a pedestal. Oh, but it gets better, my Grandmother was a Non-Domestic to. So instead of getting discouraged and thinking that there is something wrong with me, I am going to embrace it and find the humor and joy in learning these skills.
Though I may not enjoy cooking and cleaning, there is one major Domestic task I LOVE. Taking care of my children. There are ups, downs, and all arounds, but at the end of the day they know they are loved and that's what really matters.
This blog is about being a mother. Anything goes. I will share a lot about our homeschool journey because that's a BIG part of our lives, but I also hope to provide hope, ideas, and encouragement to other mothers.
5 comments:
You are too funny! I for one will subscribe.
thank you! Spread the word. The more the merrier.
Girl you are blog crazy! But I love reading them, so keep goin! Don't stop. In my life, though, I actually do love cooking and I love to clean my house even though I don't always have the time or energy. I'm not crazy about dishes but yea, they gotta be done and when they are finished I feel wonderful. LOL Love ya!
I know youare one of those domestic women. But I love you for it!
Hey Angela, I will enjoy reading your blog. I have a blog as well if you want to read it http://birdolovemoo.blogspot.com I also am not a domestic person, but I try hard at it sometimes. It is hard to be the perfect housewife.... so keep trying and I will too! :)
Post a Comment