Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The House Fairy

About a year ago I came across a great cleaning program called "Fly Lady". If you have never heard of it you should check it out. http://www.flylady.org/ I don't use this program like I should but I did take the time to make my lists. Well, Fly Lady sponsors a program for kids called The House Fairy. It is a really neat concept. http://www.housefairy.org/ I will say that we do not teach our children that Santa is real nor do we teach them that Fairies are real but Hailey loves to pretend that the House Fairy gave her a prize. This program is really great. Basically the House fairy inspects the child's room at an anonymous time and leave a note with a prize and also leaves glitter behind if the room is clean. The anticipation Of great. Plus I am a glitter freak! Anyways, Check it out.

I will tell you all something funny from when we first started using the House Fairy. Well, you all know that I hate housework. One day the house fairy left Hailey a note saying that she had stopped by but was sad that she could not leave a prize because the room was so messy. I prompted Hailey to clean her room and maybe she would come back the next day. It just so happened that I had not put the laundry away and I had not done the dishes. So when I told Hailey that she looked around and said, " Mom, it's called the HOUSE fairy, not the clean Hailey's room fairy."

1 comment:

Katie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA