Cooking is one of those domestic tasks that I am no good at but our finances has caused me to take an interest in. My poor, poor family. I have attempted several recipes and have been successful at some but most of them end up not so good. My husband is a great cook and volunteers to cook a lot. He says it is because he likes to cook but I think it's because he is afraid of what I might try.
The one good thing is that I get my cooking skills honest. It can be linked from my grandmother all the way to my childhood and further. one day my Grandmother had the idea to make homemade dumplings. So she followed the recipe to the T. Well when she came back into the kitchen she was so upset with my mom and her friends because she thought they had eaten all of her dumplings before she had a chance to see how they turned out. the dumplings were not eaten they just evaporated. Then there was the time that my mom decided that she was going to make a roast. So she put it in the crock pot and three days later she remembered it was in there.
I've always laughed at those cooking stories but the truth is I have plenty of my own. When I was about 12 years old me and a friend decided that we were going to bake my mother so cookies for her birthday. We put them in the oven and then started talking. We decided that mom would love it is she had chocolate to go with the cookies so we walked to the gas station to pick some up. Needless to say we came home to a smoke filled house and mom did not get cookies for her birthday. In more recent times I decided to bake a cake. I knew that there was no way that I could make one from scratch so I got a box of cake mix. I was so excited wen I pulled it out of the oven and it looked perfect. The middle rose and it smelled great. But when I dumped it over it crumbled into little pieces because I forgot to spray the can. All I can do now is laugh because I know that somehow my cooking will become a disaster.
For my families sake I am trying to learn to cook. I thought I would start by collecting easy recipes that my family would love. If you have any I would love it if you would be willing to share with me.
1 comment:
LOL you crack me up girl. Casseroles. That is all I have to say! I have lots of casseroles that I love to cook. If you want any of those recipes, let me know. It sounds like you need more of a dessert recipe, but just lemme know!!!
Post a Comment