Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Classroom is Done!

Our apartment is small for 5 people so when we decided to home school I had concerns about where we would put everything. So we ended up at the dining room table and I got a cabinet to put the school stuff and craft stuff in. This did not work for us. I spent much of my time rearranging trying to make things better. I was fed up! That's when my husband had the idea to move Hailey Bug and the classroom to the master bedroom and we would take her room. I was unsure at first but I figured, "Heck, nothing else has worked." so we gave it a try. Though it was a 2 week project I am amazed at the results. Nothing in my house has ever been this organized. It even gave me the space to add tot school!

this is the view of the classroom from the other side of the room.


We can finally start the Workbox System because we have room! (that's a whole other post)

On the same wall as the Work boxes I was able to put this great cabinet I got from Target to hold my school stuff. You would be surprised by how much stuff this baby can hold. Before, I had to put all of this in the bottom of a closet and dig for stuff. Right next to the cabinet on the same wall I put my teachers bag and my files.

On the other wall we were able to set up a media/book station.

On the side of the media station I have a box of things for my little Wiggle Worm.
On that same wall I have a cabinet for craft supplies, games and Tot school stuff.

On the other side of the room is Hailey Bugs Bedroom. We Have not hung her curtains yet, nor have we really decorated. But it's there and she loves it.

And last but not least no classroom/bedroom would be complete without a bathroom and sinks. And TON'S of floor space!
























3 comments:

Goat Gal said...

I will not have classroom envy. I will not have classroom envy. Oh man your classroom is so great! One day I will not be teaching at my kitchen table. But until then I will not have classroom envy.

Thanks for stopping by and following my blog!

Rebecca said...

Ugh, i wish we had room for a homeschool room! Yours looks great! Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower!

Virginia Lee said...

Aren't school rooms grand! We love ours! It's funny how when you homeschool space priorities totally change.

http://rogersfamilycircus.blogspot.com/