Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I Spy Alphabet Jar


I first read about this over at http://mama-jenn.blogspot.com/2009/06/alphabet-i-spy-jar-keepin-em-occupied.html about a month ago. I was trying to keep Christopher busy so that I could teach Hailey about a Suffix. I had tried everything and nothing worked. It was going to be "one of those days". Suddenly I remembered about this ABC I Spy Jar. So I looked around the house and found the stuff to make it with. He had a blast. I'm so glad I made it. I had him try to find the letter's in order and then we looked for the letter's of his name. Later in the week I used this as a game for Hailey as well. I had her find the letter's in order and then come up with three words that started with that letter. After she was done we sat down and looked at the words she had come up with to see if we could add a suffix to it.

Go on give it a try. You know you want to.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How I miss the days of kindergarten and elementary school. They were so much fun. Now I must seek the joy in Geometry, Algebra, and grammar in literature. Ahhh the blessings and joy of homeschooling. I have truly learned so much teaching my children.

Angela said...

This looks so neat! What a wonderful idea

Angela