Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Am I a horrible parent?

In January of this year we became parents to not one, not two, but three beautiful children. Two were gifts from God Via Adoption and a delivered our youngest myself. We can not be happier. this past Friday I had surgery and on Monday we found out that our Daughter has something called, Arnold Chiari Malformation. This is going to require her to undergo three 30 minute MRI's. I have to admitt that the thought of trying to handle the boys while trying to get my daughter who is both six and ADHD to stay perfectly still for 30 minuts was a bit overwhelming. So I sent the boys to their Grandparents until the tests were over. I thought today would be hard and that I would miss them so much that I would jump in the van and begin the 4 hour trip to get them and bring them home. But I have to admitte that today has been quite nice. Thehouse is cleaner thanever and i have been able to havesome bonding time with Hailey Bug that we havenever had. Also, whenshe was taking a nap, I took one too. I do miss them and I don't think I will allow them to be there for to many more days, but am I a horrible mother because I am enjoying this break?

4 comments:

Goat Gal said...

Not horrible at all! Consider this a precious gift that you have been given. What a blessing to spend that one on one time with your daughter and to rest a while. You will be refreshed when your boy come home.

Sarah said...

I think that makes you normal :) In the midst of what you are going through with your daughter I think it's also needed! We are too hard on ourselves as parents, especially moms. Good for you getting a nap!!

Laura said...

Your comment about my attachment post was very moving. I'd love to be able to talk to you about it further. Feel free to e-mail me at fostermommy07 at gmail dot com.

Blessings to you in your journey!
Laura

sarah in the woods said...

We adopted too. The day after my husband came back from Ethiopia with our little girl, I had a baby boy. Nice to find your blog. And no, I don't think you're a horrible parent!