Hailey and I were having a few problems with school. She wasn't falling behind but it was taking her a long time to complete certain subjects. We were both having time management problems. Hailey is ADHD and i am just disorganized. We both decided that school was not fun. I was on the mission to bring back the fun when I read about The Work Box System. I wasn't sure about it because it seemed like a lot of work but after doing Lot's of research I decided to give it a try. In addition to teaching my First grader I am teaching Preschool. I wanted to include Monkey in the Work Boxes but I was afraid it may be to old for him. I toyed with the idea of Tot Trays but I knew that he would want to do whatever Hailey Bug was doing. I have made his boxes like tot trays only in the boxes. Last week was our first week to get this up and running. the kids love it. They are so happy. Hailey Bug was even telling people about them. My biggest problem now is the they want to do them all day long. I guess that's better than not wanting to do them at all. 



7 comments:
Your system looks great! What do you fill your preschooler's boxes with?
I will do a post later this week with our first week of Tot School. I use the workboxes for Tot School.
We have done so much better with homeschooling since using the Workbox System. I was surprised how much my toddler could do with them too. I made a list to help me fill the toddler workboxes faster: Toddler Workboxes
whoops forgot the link: http://www.squidoo.com/toddler-workbox
thank you this is so helpful
My kids are loving school like never before because of workboxes. Isn't Sue a genius? LOL-glad they are working out for you too!
Angela
Hi! I'm new to the blog, but love your posts! It's always nice to find mom bloggers with kids near my kid's ages. Your workboxes look fantastic! I followed the boring old clear boxes and wire shelf, but am always impressed with the pretty set ups I see on blogs!
Post a Comment