Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Teaching Temp

In Math today Hailey was learning about tempatures and thomometers. I had seen this illistration done on another blog and thought it would be fun. (don't remember where sory)

First I filled this bowl with really hot water and then put in the thermometer. We talked about the red line and the numbers on the thermometer. We talked about how the line went up because it was hot.

I then had the kids put ice cubes in the water. We watched as the red line went down because the water was getting colder.

The kids were very proud of what they had done and wanted to cheese for the camera.

This activity turned into a game of "slide the ice cube down the thermometer."


Which turned into a game of "who's ice cube will reach the water first?",

wich turned into a game of "Throw the ice cubes."

No comments: