Saturday, January 2, 2010

Play Dough Letter Mats

When our school break is over I am going to be teaching Christopher how to write. I have chosen to use Handwriting without Tears. I took a look at all of the manipulative's that go with the program and decided to make a few of them myself. I really like the concept of the Play dough mats. I wanted them to appeal to Christopher so I mad some Super Why mats. I will print these on card stock and laminate them. For those who don't know how to use these mats, you just have the child make play dough snakes and then form each letter. It's just a fun way to introduce the letter's shapes. You can down load the Super Why ones by clicking on the picture below.


Please Note: All Character Images are Copyright Owned by "PBS". I am in no way affiliated with the PBS Corporation or any of it's affiliates. Use of these images for profit is strictly prohibited and is punishable by law. All characters and images displayed on this page © PBS Company, all rights reserved. The clip art images on this website are intended for non-profit purposes only. This website is not affiliated with the PBS Company.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great idea.
Hello I just came accross your blog.

Deborah said...

He might still be a little young for the writing part. You can still flash card him and do "preschool" though. :) It is super exciting to teach the little ones.