Welcome to Kid Friendly Friday where we share anything that other parents might find interesting or useful. Use a post that you did today or one from last year. You can link up with Mcklinky at the bottom of this post. If you link up please be courteous and link back here somewhere in your post. Or you can just read and enjoy.
Doctors Offices
I don't know about you but I spend a lot of time in Doctors offices. Out of the time we spend in the actual office, we spend an equal amount of time in the waiting room. You can expect different things from different types of waiting rooms. For instance, if you were visiting the Eye Doctor, Dentist or Allergist you would not expect there to be toys. But, if you were at your Pediatricians office there are always toys. If your anything like me you don't allow your children to play with those toys. So, what do you do while you are waiting? We all know the frustration of waiting. Boredom sets in and the kids get wild. Here are a few tips I have for waiting rooms.
1. Always be prepared to wait. There is nothing worse then going to the doctor and expecting to be called back at the exact time of your appointment, only to sit there for 45 minutes waiting.
2. Always take a small can of Lysol, or a zip lock bag of Lysol Disinfecting Wipes. These come in handy when you end up sitting next to the child that has who knows what, or you forget your entertainment. I use them to spray and wipes things like, Chairs and toys. (no they don't cleans those on a regular basis)
3. This is a great time to pull out some of those Tot Packs or Tot Books. You have their undivided attention. They are bored. This will provide educational fun. (mine love showing off their skills to those around them lol!)
4. Let them bring their handheld games. Leapsters, Game Boys, Nintendo DS, are great entertainment for both older and younger children.
5. Puzzles, Kumon Book, Flash Cards, are all great things to take and they fit perfectly in a diaper bag or Backpack.
2 comments:
Whenever I find sticker pads at Michaels for $1, I load up. My little one can spend a good 20 minutes playing with stickers. I let her adorn herself, me, and a sheet of paper. That's a TON of time for a 18 month old!
I looked at the tot packs website and WOW!!!! I'm amazed at the downloads they have to put these together. This is awesome. Thanks for the tip :)
Post a Comment