Click to Download
Color recognition is an important skill for children to learn. It can be defined as “the ability to identify and name basic colors”. Color recognition can be broken down into three categories, matching identifying, and naming. There are many different ways to teach these skills and some children learn them fairly easily, while some will struggle. Both are ok. For example, my daughter learned them when she was 2, while my older son had a much harder time and did not learn them until 3 1/2. The most important thing to remember is to make it fun.
I created these printables’ as a fun way to help children with color recognition. I will be using them with both of my sons. My older son will be learning color words. I hope you enjoy teaching colors to your little ones.
Here are a few ideas of what to do with this printable.
• Cut out each animal and tape it to a Popsicle stick or an unsharpened pencil.
• Use as flashcards to teach color recognition.
• Chant, Brown dog, Brown dog, who do you see? I see Blue dog looking at me……
• Hide the dogs around the house and have your child find the dog by its color.
• For older children, have them match the color word with the correct colored dog.
• Glue a piece of sandpaper to the back of the dogs and use them with your felt board.
4 comments:
What a cute idea! We love the book Dog's Colorful Day, too. It would go great with your color activities. http://www.amazon.com/Dogs-Colorful-Day-Counting-Picture/dp/0142500194
Jen from
Creative and Curious Kids!-stopped over from Tot Tuesdays!
Thanks for linking up today & for the free printable. I will put them to good use with my son! :)
What great puppets!
I love the idea about the book. i had not heard of it until now. I will use it with these puppets.
Post a Comment