
Last week our theme was Ice. I wanted Christopher to work on some basic transferring activities, so I thought it would be fun to have him transfer the water into the ice tray using a turkey baster. I was surprised at how difficult this was for him. Ha has always struggled with his fine Motor skills and I had not thought of how great this was for that until we tried it. Not only did we work on transferring the water, we were able to work on squeezing the baster to fill it up with water.

My daughter Hailey has vision problems and I was able to use this same activity to help her with depth perception. To make it a bet harder for her I found this great Ice tray that makes small ice cubes.
The kids had a blast and did this activity over and over again.
1 comment:
This is a popular activity with James, too. Adding a bit of food coloring to the water increases the fun! :)
Post a Comment