Monday, March 1, 2010

It’s a miracle!

We went today for Hailey's one year check up on her eyes. I had expected the worst. Hailey was very optimistic and was so cooperative with the tests. When the Dr. did her test he couldn't believe it. He did it two more time to make sure he was right and then he told us the good new. Hailey's eyes had improved so much. Her vision is better now then it has ever been. It was 20/30 in her right eye and 20/25 in her left. with her glasses on. I can't even believe it!


On top of that news he said that we could begin patching for only a few hours per day. This made Hailey let out a squeal. We have been patching Morning till night for one year and though Hailey has been a great sport about it, she was thrilled about not having to do it all day.


I asked the Dr. about other forms of vision therapy since she still has practically no depth perception and he said that we should get the book 45 Lazy Eye Exercises. Hey said there were things out there to help with the depth perception. I will just have to look for them.


I wish you all could have seen the look on Hailey's face when they brought out all of the glasses she could choose from. Until now her selection has been pretty limited because of her prescription.


There are still things we will have to do to help with her eyes. Her Farsightedness had gotten worse, and she will always have the terrible Astigmatism in both eyes. We will have to work on her depth perception. And only time will tell about her eye turning. But for now, we could not be happier with this visit! thank you all so much for your prayer!

No comments: