Sunday, April 11, 2010

Praying for My Family

A while back I started a blog called Praying for my Family. I had been struggling in the area of prayer and God began to impress on my heart a new way to pray for my husband, and children. I wasn’t sure where I was supposed to go with this, but I knew I was supposed to share it with others so I started a blog. Well, I have been struggling to keep up with that blog, mainly because God told me I was doing it wrong. You see I tried to keep this separate from my regular blog because there are so many of my readers that are not of the same religion as I am, and I did not want to offend them. But the problem with that is that I was hiding God. That is something I would never want to do. He is everything to our family. So after a lot of prayer, I decided I would make this a weekly feature on this blog. To start off I will be using a few of the post I had already written. Below you will find the vision for this feature.

PFMF
As mothers we want nothing but the best for our families. We work, we clean, and we teach, we cry, we love and we pray. We have such a natural desire to be the best parents that we can be, and we often feel that our efforts have fallen short. A while back I picked up a book called, “Prayers for Mothers”. As I was reading the book, God impressed on my heart to begin truly praying for my family. I’ve always prayed for them but so often my prayers have ended up sounding like this, “ God please help my kids to stop being so bad.” “God please help my husband to help with housework.” “God please help my kids to take a nap so that I can get some things done.” That’s all good and well but that is not what God was talking about. It is time for us to go to battle for our children. We need to be praying intentionally for them. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12. The devil has set out to still, kill, and destroy our children and our families. It’s time we fight back. We can do that through our prayers. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, which we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." Heb 4:16.

This weekly feature is dedicated to praying intentionally for our families. I hope you are encouraged as you read to begin going to battle for your family through prayer.
"If My people, who are called by My Name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

No comments: