Friday, June 11, 2010

Paper Plate Whales



This week Hailey and I went to the library with her cousin for craft time. They made these great paper plate whales. I quickly realised how simple this craft would be to make without a kit.

What you need:

Foam/Construction Paper
Paper Plate
Blue Paint
1 Wiggly Eye
Scissors
1 Ribbon for Hanging
Black Sharpie

Directions: (For a visual guide you can reference the photo above)

Cut out a tail, and a fin.
Glue the Tail to the back of the plate where the tail sticks out.
Paint the plate Blue.
Glue the fin to the front of the plate.
Glue on the wiggly eye.
Once the paint dries, draw on a smile with the sharpie.
Glue the ribbon to the back of the plate.

1 comment:

kewkew said...

So cute! And perfect timing. We are up to W. Maybe we will make this whale. We'll see how much time the baby leaves me for crafts.

As I was checking out your latest posts I saw the info on the Completing Him Challenge. Wondering if you have a link to the details.
Blessings