Are you teaching a left handed child? If so have you run into problems with handwriting? My daughter is left handed, and I have often found that it is hard to teach her correct letter formation, because she should form the letters a bit different than me. I know a lot of left handed people, and very few of them have good penmanship. I want Hailey to have good penmanship. What are some things you do to help your little ones with this?
Here is a video that I found helpful.
2 comments:
I am a lefty as are both of my kiddos. We use handwriting without tears, and it's worked for them. They both have very age appropriate handwriting, and use the word clues (big line down, little line across the top) to form their letters. HWT is also good for lefties because the sample letters are shown all the way across the page, so the child's hand doesn't cover up the sample as they write. BTW, I have very neat handwriting! ;)
How timely!!
My oldest son was just saying this morning at breakfast that my daughter was using her left hand to eat! I've never noticed before, but I'll have to start paying attention! I may have to come back to this post and watch this video!!
Have a great day!
Post a Comment