Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Chores

I have been searching the web for ideas for a chore chart for my kids. I found several that I liked, but none that seemed exactly right. I pondered the idea of using Chore Packs. I even created my first set of chore cards for the packs. But I decided it was not right for us. But, I loved the cards I made, so here is what I came up with.

P1013771

P1013770

Each child has their own chart hanging on the back of the pantry door. Hanging above the charts is our daily schedule. As the kids complete a chore they pull off that card (attached with Velcro) and put it in a zip lock bag that is in the pantry. I have several blank cards, and a few cards that say. “Ask, What needs to be done.” I use the blank cards to fill in odd chores that need to be done.

I wasn’t sure how the kids would like this system, but we have been using it for 2 weeks now, and they love it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wipe baseboards? That's a chore I would have never thought of!

Goat Gal said...

You know this is really quite ingenious. Great job!

Angela said...

Yes, my 4 year old LOVES to wipe baseboards!