Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Raising Rock Stars- The Set Up

I recently took over the Pre-School Ministry at our church. I knew that there needed to be some changes, and began to pray about where I should go with them. God laid Carisa’s Raising Rock Stars theme on my heart. I truly feel that as a church it is our goal not to just teach the children about God, but to partner with their parents in raising them up at home as well. This theme, has so much to offer parents. I will be posting what we did in Sunday School, but all of the lessons are set up so that they could be done in the home. I hope you enjoy reading about our lessons.

P1014521

Above is our bulletin board. I have posted the Raising Rock Stars scriptures for the parents to see, and to make sure that the vision  is clear. Each week we focus on one scripture, and the kids hang it on the board for their parents to see. There will be 8 total scriptures, then we will take them down, and put them on a ring that will be hung to the right of the RRS Scriptures. On the right bottom of the board I have the kids sticker charts. The kids earn stickers every week for the following; Being Present, Bringing their Bible, Bringing a friend, Being respectful in class, and Memorizing their scripture. At the end of 8 weeks the kids will have the opportunity to turn their charts in for prizes.

P1014522 P1014526 P1014525

Each week we focus on one Bible story and scripture. We always have a craft or game (sometimes both) to go along with the lesson. This helps to give the kids a visual, and it gives them something to take home to Mom and Dad, so that they can see what we are doing.

The kids have really enjoyed this set up. It has also helped me throughout the week to guide our Bible time. (Christopher is in this class) I will be sharing our lessons in detail, I just thought I would start by sharing our set up.

If you haven’t already, please check out the Carisa’s Raising Rock Stars page.

1 comment:

Carisa said...

AWESOME!!!! I love it!!