Monday, October 18, 2010

A Soft Answer

A soft answer with spigles

The babies crying, two children are throwing fits, your house is cluttered, the dishes need to be done, You don’t feel good and can barley walk because your pregnant, you just got a BAD report from your child's teacher, your husband won’t take care of his health and is moody because of it, Grandma says yes when you say no, NO SLEEP, $$$,$$$,$$$ WORTH OF HOSPITAL DEBT……….

Motherhood can be very stressful! I have to admit that for me lately it has been just down right overwhelming. I have been extra stressed, and it has reflected in my children. I did not grow up in a home where I was yelled at. Yes, I was disciplined, but rarely ever yelled at. I swore i would never yell at my children either. But, I admit that i have cracked under the pressure of life, and ended up looking like this,

TPAR_screaming_mom 

I am not proud to admit that to you all, but God has really been laying Proverbs 15:1 on my heart. I knew I was supposed to share this with you all, and that’s why I’m doing it. I’m sure that there are times when we have all been at our breaking point, and not used our words wisely. That’s when we need to take a step back, get on our knees before God, repent of our sin, and ASK FOR GOD’S HELP! When you find yourself in a “not so great mommy” spot, take a break, and PRAY! Ask God to turn your words from harsh to kind. If you find that you regularly have a problem with this, read Proverbs 15:1 everyday. Post it around your house. Teach it to your children. Ask God daily for self-control, and make it a point to breath, and calm your words.

We are the example our children  learn from. It’s easy to see all of the things that they are doing wrong, and to correct them. But, we need to be focusing daily on us because, we are what they see. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Do you want your child imitating you? Take this week to work on the tone of your household, starting with examining your life. Is this an area you struggle with? It is for me. For me, I will be praying daily for God to help me with this. (and I’m sure repenting daily as well) I hope that if this is an area you struggle with, you will take heed, and do the same.

No comments: