Friday, April 15, 2011

Toddlers and Chores

Since we have been sticking to our Daily Chore schedule, I have noticed that my 2 year old really wants to be involved. I had originally left him out because I thought he was to young to help with the chores. But I have since changed my mind. Here is a list of a few things that toddlers (ages 2-4) can do to help around the house. (just remember that they are still very young and need help and guidance)

  • Wipe Baseboards with soapy water
  • Wipe doorknobs (great for flu season)
  • Wipe down the high chair or bumbo (you may need to go behind them)
  • Put toys in the toy box
  • Replace the toilet paper
  • Put the clothes from the dryer into a laundry basket
  • Bring cloths hampers to the laundry room
  • Help make up their bed (to be done with mommy)
  • Help pull sheets off of beds on sheet washing day
  • Wipe down leather sofa’s
  • Had you dishes from the dishwasher (kind of annoying, but fun for them)
  • Clean up trash and toys from van or car
  • Clear the table after meals
  • Set the table
  • Help carry in Groceries (light bags)
  • Empty bathroom trashcans into larger trash bag, or kitchen trash can
  • Fold wash rags

Those are a few of our favorites. What chores do you have your toddlers do?

No comments: