Monday, May 23, 2011

Book Review- Voices of the Faithful

Book Description:

A new year's worth of inspiring stories from the front lines of faith.

"A willingness to go is all they have in common," says Beth Moore and Kim P. Davis, speaking of their friends on the front lines who are spreading the gospel around the world and with whom they collaborated to create this book. This second book of 366 daily devotionals features stories of God's faithfulness, written by hundreds of missionaries worldwide.

From stirring miracles to heroic adventures, this second volume highlights those who daily go to the outer limits of spiritual devotion.

My Thoughts:

When I chose to review this book, I thought it was going to be like the Jesus Freak books. Boy was I wrong. This book is 365 devotions, full of amazing stories shared by everyday Missionaries, serving on the mission field. These stories are challenging and inspiring stories from real people sharing about struggles they encounter in their Walk.

I don’t think you could go wrong with this book. If you read it unchanged, and uninspired, I would be shocked. Definitely a book I would recommend.

No comments: