
I was probably looking a little bit like this yesterday. If you ran across me in person I’m sure you laughed a little at such a funny sight. The kids had just returned from a trip to their Nana's, and they were so wild. They had taken loud to a whole new level. My 2 year old did not stop crying from the moment I picked him up til I left for church that evening. My nice clean house turned into a disaster area, there were dishes in the sink, it was hot because someone had been playing with the thermostat, and my bra broke. I tried desperately to gain control of my home and kids, and failed miserably. When it was time to leave for church I didn’t even want to go because I was so weary from the day, plus I would be by myself because my husband had to stay home with the 2 year old who was still crying. But I knew I needed to take the older 2 children. My daughter was getting her Armor of God badge. So I reluctantly loaded them up in the car and drove to church. I really wasn’t expecting much because I was so weary.
Praise and worship began, and the sang an old song. I was immediately brought to tears as they sang, “Come to me you weary one, and I will give you rest,” Mathew 11:28. It was such a sweet presence of Gods love all around me. I realized that in all the time I was trying to gain control and becoming more and more weary, I had forgotten to lean on the strength that come only from God. Motherhood is a beautiful thing, but often times mothers became weary. I wanted to challenge you today to gain rest in the Lord. He will renew your spirit.
Listen and be blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment