Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Reach Out Honduras

The Library’s summer reading program this year is “One World, Many Stories”. Our local library has a club that Hailey is involved in where they are learning about people from all over the world. I had been thinking that as a part of this, we would sponsor a child from Compassion. I began to pray about the direction God wanted us to take, and I couldn’t get my blogger friend Laura from      “The World is our Classroom” out of my mind.

HighResLogo

the waits family pic

Alex and Laura Waits, and their four beautiful children are a home school family serving as missionaries in Honduras. Their work and devotion to the mission, and God is simply amazing.  I once again visited their Reach Out Honduras site and began to read all of the things the ministry is doing, and I was brought to tears. It became clear to me that night that my family was to sponsor these missionaries. I’m not clear on the best way to do that, so for now we are sponsoring them through our prayer support, and by collecting “treats” for her kids. I am going to be creating a Missions prayer poster that will feature a map of Honduras, a Picture of the Waits family, and 3 pictures of children currently in need of sponsors. We will also be praying for those 3 children, and each area of ministry served by Reach out Honduras. I hope to one day go to Honduras on a short term missions trip. I hope that through this I can not only teach my children about missions, but also be a support to Laura and her family.

I encourage you to visit the Reach out Honduras page, and be blessed. If your family is thinking of sponsoring a child, please look at the children in need of sponsors.

No comments: