This year has been so different for us than past homeschool years. By far I would say this is the best year yet. Why? Because we have developed a group of friends. I recently read a quote which said, “Kids don’t need socialization, they need true friends”. The same can be said of Mom.
Monday we met with a group of homeschoolers for a craft day. We have been on several field trips together this year, and it has been great. While we were there a few of the ladies were talking, and I heard them talking about the children’s differences. I was so blessed to realize that I had found a group of ladies who looked at my children the same as all the other children, and were willing to make accommodations as necessary.
If someone were to ask me this year, what it took to make it through homeschooling, I would say, “A support group”.
Here are a few pictures of our little get together.
1 comment:
A great group of friends and support group is not only what it takes for a great school year it is what it takes for a great life!
Post a Comment