
I had just gotten the older boys down for bed and was about to sit down and FINALLY eat my supper, when Hailey came waling down the hall saying she had something important to tell me. “What?”, I said with a sigh. I was not expecting the bombshell she was about to disclose.
Me- “What? You are supposed to be in your room”.
Hailey- “Umm, there’s a bead in my ear.”
Me- “A what?!!!!”
Hailey - “A Bead and it hurts.”
Me- Checking to see that there was in fact a plastic yellow bead in my 8 year olds ear. (exactly like the picture only yellow) “OH MY GOODNESS! Why did you put a bead in your ear?!?!?!
Hailey- “I didn’t I just felt my ear and there was a yellow bead in it.”
Now I have heard of denial, but this was more than I could take. I mean really, when was the last time you put your finger in your ear, and felt a bead, and knew the color?
My husband chimes in, “So how did it get there?”
Hailey- “I’m telling you I HAVE NO IDEA!”
And so after several attempts to remove the bead from both her Father, and Myself, and after calling everyone, because I must have people laugh with me, (If you don’t laugh, you will lose your mind) we decided to take her to the ER. With a few sucks with the sucker the bead was out and we headed home.
I laughed so hard I almost peed in my pants when Hailey decided she was going to tell what happened.
Hailey - “You see, here’s what happened, There was a yellow bead on my pillow when I laid down, then it just got in my ear. When I felt it in there I put my finger in my ear and it was there.”
Me – “So you laid your head down and the bead just jumped in there?”
Hailey - “Yep, that’s what happened.”
HAHAHAHAHAHA Apparently we have jumping beads in this house.
1 comment:
When my now 13 year old daughter was 2 years old she decided she wanted a "diamond" in her nose so she put a silver bead in their and we couldn't get it out either. Nobody in our family has a nose piercing so I guess she must have seen it on tv. I am a nurse and so is her grandma but we couldn't get it out either so to the ER we went. Your story made me smile remembering the "diamond" in my daughter's nose.
Post a Comment