I have posted several posts about our first grade adventures, and I had someone ask me what I was doing with my pre-schooler, and Tot schooler. What am I doing with them? Hmmmm….. That is complicated. I had big plans. I still have big plans. But those plans are simply not happening the way I had wanted them to. Sammy want’s to “Do School” with us. He wants to do the same things we are doing. If I try to show him how to do it, he gets mad and cries. If I let him do it himself and offer no help, he get’s mad because he can;t , and he cries. So pretty much unless he decides to play with the iPad, he cries during our lessons. So, my planned ABC units have yet to happen. But I’m working on a new plan to make this happen for him. Liam is all up on the table grabbing stuff, and throwing blocks at us, and all the things an almost two year old does. Were it not for Five in a Row, I’m afraid we would be accomplishing nothing.
It’s not all bad though, that was just me letting you know the side people don’t often tell, so you can know you are normal. LOL. But seriously, although we are having a few minor difficulties there has been some truly great times. Right now Sammy is really into reading books. Not sitting and listening to me read books (Boo Hoo) but making up his own stories, looking at pictures, and listening to Hailey read. Liam is starting to do the same, only you can’t understand what he is saying. Either way I feel like this is a really great thing. Sammy has also enjoyed cutting. He cuts, and cuts, and cuts, and cuts. He has also enjoyed participating as he can with our Five in a Row activities. He is also, really into paining right now. As time goes on, I hope to be more structured in what they are doing, but for now, you will have to settle for a few pictures.
1 comment:
real-life tot school! That's pretty much how it is for us right now--hit or miss. Looks like they are still having fun though!
Post a Comment