
One Less, One More by crisis expert Robbie Vorhaus is a simple guide to living a happy life. In this book he outlines seven steps for lifelong change, leading you to a life of happiness.
- Start Now
- Come Present
- Consciously choose to follow your heart, be happy, and change slowly
- Choose one less negative thought or action and let in go
- Choose one more positive thought or action and embrace it
- Celebrate your progress
- Repeat tomorrow
The Pro’s:
The premise of this book is to get you to look past your current crisis, whatever that is, and choose to move forward instead of staying there and wallowing in sorrow. I can fully respect that, and agree. We could all stand to move on and let things go. I felt like the author gave practical real life examples of despair and joy, failure and success, staying put and moving on. I agreed with the basic thoughts the author was trying to portray. Throughout this book I thought of things in my own life that are holding me back and keeping me from moving on. I was able to apply more positive thinking to several areas of my life.
The Con’s:
The thought of following your heart in al areas of your life is a wonderful thought, but the heart can be deceitful and lead you astray. It can also push aside practical things. So while I agree that we should move forward, think positive, forgive and seek joy, I don’t believe our hearts will always lead us there. The author to me seemed to not take into account mental illness and things that make moving forward more difficult. The first few chapters make it seem like all it takes is choosing. That is a wonderful thought and is true in many cases, but sometimes it’s harder than that. I also felt like the most important piece of experiencing joy was left out of the book, a relationship with God. Lastly I felt the writing was very choppy, and repeated A LOT!
Over all I did enjoy this book. I received two copies of this book, one to review, and one to give away. I chose to give this book to someone I know who is personally living in crisis right now. I am hopeful that this book will give them some practical steps to move forward.
*I received this book for free to review. The thoughts and opinions stated here are my own. I was not paid for this review.
No comments:
Post a Comment